Monday, September 29, 2008

Hello Costa Vida, Goodbye Cafe Rio!

So, I went to lunch today with 2 of my good friends from high school, Janel & Lisa. I've never been to Costa Vida before & LOVED it! Nothing like a good sweet pork salad! Sorry Cafe Rio, but you've been replaced!

It's hard to believe that next summer we'll be having our 20-year reunion! I really need to use this as a reason to get rid of my "muffin top!"

Aliza & Ava came along with me. Aliza asked me on the way home, "Mom, Do you think I'm cute or weird?" My answer, (of course!), "Aliza, You're definately CUTE!" She'll always come up with such random comments & questions. Later today, I was dancing and she said, "Mom, stop doing the robot dance. It's weird!"

2 comments:

Melissa and Justin said...

I miss the Cafe rio salad...that is one thing they don't have here:(
I also miss Aliza's funny sayings...my favorite, "Buenos noches Lissa." that time I came home from work. She just acted like it was normal jargon. Or what about this....it is silent as we are getting ready to sing "Happy Birthday" for Ash's birthday....all the sudden..Aliza looks around and says, "Awkward!" She is so funny.

Kristy said...

I'm so happy you're blogging. I have to say that I didn't love Costa Vida the one time I went there. I guess I'm a Cafe Rio girl through and through, but even that has to stop. (Did you see my challenge to myself this month.....HA.....hoping the ol' blueberry muffin top will depart!)

I need to call you so we can plan a time to come up. Tracey has a butt load of questions, so we'll just meet!