Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Update

Our life right now is literally surviving the tax season. On Saturday, I enjoyed a Mother Daughter Tea Party with Ashley & Abbey at our church for Activity Days. We had breakfast and then each girl paid tribute to their mom. Here's the sweet notes that Ashley & Abbey read to me.

On Sunday, Alex received the priesthood & was ordained to be a deacon by his dad, Jason. Alex got his first chance to collect fast offerings on Sunday and will be going to do baptisms for the dead on Friday. I'm so grateful that both he & Jason have the priesthood. I honestly wouldn't be here today if if weren't for a priesthood blessing given to me by my dad when I was 2 1/2 years old (I'll save the story for later since I'm out of time today).

I was released from working in Nursery. It'll be great to be back in Relief Society. Our ward has some pretty amazing Relief Society teachers. Sunday's lesson was on being kind. I loved the quote by Sis. Hinckley, "Be kind. Everyone is fighting a hard battle." Good thing to remember!

Short & sweet post. I better get back to work!

And Happy Birthday, Mom, if you're reading this...My mom is turning the big 6-0 today. We'll be having a party at our house on Sunday to celebrate.

And Melissa if you're reading this, we're counting down the hours until we see you. My cute sister, Melissa & her family are flying in tonight. We're SO excited to be with you!

4 comments:

gina said...

Don't you love watching your son pass the sacrament? I was so happy seeing mine the first time I almost cried. They grow up so fast.

Kristy said...

That is so sweet! I can't wait until my boys can get the priesthood. I mean I can...cause I'll be ancient by then...but it will be a very sweet moment.

Kristen said...

What darling,sweet kids Michelle! I love the notes - they are absolutely precious!

Kristy said...

Hey, I sent you an email. When you get a chance take a peek!