Monday, November 29, 2010

Disneyland, Day 2 (Sat, 11/13/10)

Before we ventured over to Disneyland, we decided to follow the comedian's advice that we met on the cruise and try "Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles." They were craving the food from this restaurant & told us it would change our lives. We're always game for trying new food places plus Jason saw Roscoe's featured on The Food Network. An extra bonus was to find Roscoe's located less than 1 mile from our hotel in Long Beach.


Most of the family enjoyed this delicious chicken breast with a waffle. Yes, it might sound like a crazy combination, but both items were delish! Then again anything would be after our cold, rotting cruise food.

Aliza & Ava at "Dumbo-The Flying Elephant" ride which they loved! And I loved that the wait was only 10 minutes! Wahoo!

Our final picture on our way out of Disneyland (taken at midnight). Might as well get our full $936 dollars worth of Disney! Yes, we stayed until the very last minute! Drove to our hotel & enjoyed a late night dinner at In-N-Out Burger. Woke up the next morning and drove straight home! "There's no place like home! There's no place like home!" I wished I could've clicked my ruby slippers and could've gone straight to my memory foam bed. On the way home, I felt super run down with coldlike symptoms. I felt very irritable and teared up when it hit me that this family vacation didn't quite turn out like we wanted. I think the stress of the situation finally hit me and I was emotionally drained. This trip is one we'll never forget!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry it was so crummy! Wish I could come take the kids for you for a few days.

Mindy said...

Great pics - I'm going to show my kids when they get home from school, so they can have a little taste of what's to come (we're going next week)! Bummer it was so crowded for you!

Way to go on the blog updating - you go, girl! I've got to at least do something on mine...my last post was August of 2009 -yikes! You're inspiring me to post! I'll let you know when/if it actually happens! ☺

Eve said...

Michelle! Wow! What an adventure. I'm sure it was very stressful as well and it is super frustrating to spend hard earned money on something that doesn't turn out so great. I have a feeling in year or so your family will all be laughing about everything. It will become a great memory to talk about in the years to come :)

Michelle said...

Liss, Sure do wish you lived closer!

Mindy, Don't let my sarcastic comments spoil your Disney trip! You'll love it!

Eve, You're so right! It's something we'll never forget and made us grateful for the little things (flushing toilets, electricity & warm food!)

Unknown said...

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS!!
That was quite the adventure! I am so glad it turned out safe. And you are right, the kids will never forget it. In fact, they may need a little therapy. lol.

gina said...

Yours is the most exciting/dramatic story I've heard in a LONG time. I think the experiences in life that are the hardest end up being the most memorable and in hindsight, most valuable. That talk you had with your kids about "Come what may and LOVE it" is priceless and the lesson they probably learned is hopefully worth the cruise $.

One cruise our family went on back in 2001 - went through a Hurricane - and it was in no way even close to what you went through - just a lot of sick people stuck on a ship off course in the ocean for a few days - but we look back on that trip and always LAUGH AND LAUGH. We laugh even more because we got a free cruise as well - We went 4 months later and it was AWESOME!!! So hopefully, you will all be able to laugh about this someday.

I'm so glad you are back blogging. I've totally missed you. Also, a big THANK YOU for the awesome pumpkin cake with cream cheese recipe you posted. I made that on Thanksgiving and have never received so many complements. Thanks to you!!

Glad you all are safe and back home.