APRIL 19-22, 2009
After finishing the tax season, Jason & I decided to take the kids out of school and enjoy a quick trip to St. George for a few days to relax. We stayed at the WorldMark timeshare and really had a great time. We swam every day at the swimming pools and ate at our favorite St. George restaurants (The Pizza Factory, Pancho & Lefty's and Inn-N-Out Burgers) and watched movies.
One of talks that really stood out to me from General Conference was "Sacred Homes, Sacred Temples" by Gary E. Stevenson of the Seventy. Click here to read talk. Our stake has also challenged the youth to visit the temple 9 times in 2009. With all of this in my mind, I thought I need to make more of an effort to visit various temple grounds. So on this trip, we stopped at the St. George temple and visited the visitor's center.
I had the kids walk up the stairs of the temple and touch the temple doors. In the talk by Elder Stevenson he said, "Even our young children have been encouraged to visit the temple grounds and touch the temple." President Thomas S. Monson once counseled, “As we touch the temple, the temple will touch us.”








0 comments:
Post a Comment