Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday Week #1 & Biggest Loser


So here's to a new year of Weigh in Wednesdays. I officially have 18.2 lbs left to hit my goal weight. Each Wednesday, I'll weigh myself in and then report if I've lost or gained weight. Feel free to play along on your blog. My good friend, Kristy is in! And I'm grateful to a few of my close friends, Mindy & Margo, for their support and ideas of how to lose the final pounds!

I'm officially declaring 2009 as my year to "Feel Fine in 2009!" In 2008, I managed to lose all of my pregnancy weight and then an additional 7.8 lbs. I was hoping that I could finish the year without anyone asking me if I was pregnant, but oh no, that happened 2x in 2008. And here's a few of the latest weight comments said to me in the last few months that have left me determined to get rid of my muffin top for once and for all!

I was trying on some clothes at a local boutique and the owner said, "You know, you should get one of those spanx for your middle section, it really tightens it up." But then again, to her credit, I did just purchase one and it really does make a difference.

A friend of mine at one of our bunko parties said, "A friend of mine has a body just like yours, she has teeny arms and legs and a bigger tummy!" Thanks for pointing out the obvious!

A distant cousin at my Grandpa's 90th birthday party asked if I was expecting. Note to all: never ask!!! Even if you see a pregnant woman that is full term, just talk to her and if she truly is expecting, she will always bring it up! Once again, NEVER ASK!!!!

And Abbey before Christmas walked in the door after school and said, "Mom, are you having a baby? Is this a Christmas surprise?"

So let's just say after the many comments, it's officially time to lose the muffin top!

I watched Oprah on Monday and was extremely touched and teared up as she said the most important step of weight loss is to truly love your body that God has given you. I had chills run through my body when she said this. I know I have been blessed by an extremely fertile body that has given birth to 5 incredibly beautiful and healthy children. I feel so great being pregnant that I recently joked with Jason that I should be a surrogate for people with infertility. Of course, it was a joke, but when you hear that they charge up to $80,000/pregnancy, it's quite tempting! In all realities, at 37 years old, I'm actually to old to be considered! I have been blessed by a healthy body.

In honor of the Biggest Loser TV show, one of my neighbor's is hosting her own Biggest Loser Group. I just signed up. Each person is putting in their $20 and each week we weigh in. The winner will take the pot. The contest is true "biggest loser" style, based on your % weight loss not total # of pounds lost. Nothing like money to be the ultimate motivator! So far, only 5 of us have signed up. Abbey overheard me telling Jason about the contest and then she had this mortified look on her face and said, "Mom, are you leaving to go be on the biggest loser show?" Alex then piped in, "Mom, you're too skinny to be on that show." Of course, I then reassured them it was only a neighborhood contest to help us get in shape.

So here's hoping that 2009 is my year!

6 comments:

gina said...

I'm both appalled at that post and yet laughing my head off! Who are these people you run into?? The Spanx lady should seriously be spanked or at least smacked. The bunco chic - wow. You should see me right this very second, as I type this I'm wearing my husband's huge A&F wool sweater - I wear them every day. This started back when I was pregnant with Caleb and Caleb just turned 2!!! I never stopped wearing his stuff - except during the summers which were just torture. I lost the baby weight, yet still manage to look forever altered. I'm sure actual scale #s have less to do with the result than actual shape my muscles are in.... I must do some focus on those muscles.

Love the honesty. Love that there are so many in the same boat that encourage us to get on board with good goals. Oprah rocks - and speaks truth on that philosophy. But, if you ever need to hang with a friend that will NEVER EVER notice or care about weight... come hang with me!!

Kristy said...

YOU CAN DO IT MY FRIEND!!!!!!

Just think..in a few short months we will both be ready to submit our audition video for TAR! We'll be so hot they wont be able to say no! And who needs to be a surrogate for 80K when we can walk away with a cool million?

Andrea W. said...

Wow, I am so impressed with how much you've accomplished! I will watch with awe as I get bigger by the day :) After July will you be my mentor?

Seriously, you've had some rotten luck with comments, sheesh. Unbelievable.

Kristy said...

Hey you...call me as soon as you can. I've got some questions for you regarding quantities for my classes. I figure it's probably time I start preparing! LOL!

The5Randalls said...

I guess Alex is your favorite kid? Way to go public. You are way good to be so honest. I'm not posting my weight loss every week, but I'll let you know from time to time how I'm doing. Good luck!!!

Cami said...

You need to get better friends!!! I kept getting hit up at the trade shows by the people selling 'diet juice.' LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

Well I am joining you in your goal! I like what Oprah said, glad you shared it...I missed it.

Here's to a healthier year!