Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ashley's friend birthday party

APRIL 18, 2009

To celebrate Ashley's 10th birthday, we invited her closest friends over for a party. The invitations read:

"It's time to get spoiled and pampered away.....

With manicures and hair up-do's to celebrate Ashley's birthday!"

We met at our house to open presents & have cupcakes and then drove the girl's to a hair school to have their hair, makeup & nails done. I called around and found Sherman-Kendall's Academy in Salt Lake, which did hair parties for only $7.50 per girl. I was thrilled for this price because the other hair schools wanted either $12 or $18 and could only accommodate 10 girls maximum. Sherman Kendall's had a maximum of 15 girls, which Ashley had a hard time narrowing her list down to. Ashley has been so lucky to live in a neighborhood that has so many girls her age. While the kid's were pampered with their hair up-do's, makeup & nails, I treated myself to an eyebrow wax for a mere $4.50. I'm liking the price of the hair schools. I'll take it!

The hair students at Sherman Kendall's did a great job with each girl. Here's their "after" shot.

I LOVED how Ashley's hair turned out. Ashley has very thick, naturally curly hair and the girl straightened and then did large curls which she pinned several of them up.

Here's a back shot of Ashley's hair.

And a side view shot of Ashley's hair

And then I took an individual picture of each girl. Yes, I took many pictures!

Sierra

Kalyssa

Hallie

Katelyn

Lexi

Brynna

Aliza

Hannah

Sarah

Summer

Jessica

Abbey
All in all, it was a great birthday party. I think it's one we'll definitely do for Abbey, Aliza and Ava.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I totally agree...I LOVE Ashley's hair! Abbey's turned out great as well. Ash looks like she is going to prom. I wish I knew about that place when I went to High School dances. What a great idea! Ash is looking pretty darn grown up!

Mindy said...

Very fun party idea! Kalyssa had a great time, and it was fun to see all the lovely hairstyles! Cute girls!