MARCH 4, 2009
I always look forward to preparing Grandpa's taxes. It's our yearly tradition that Jason picks up Pace's Drive In food after we finish. We always get a kick out of my Grandpa Max. Grandpa just turned 90 last August and he always keeps us laughing. When Jason brought back the food Grandpa said, "Ohhh, baby." He took one look at the chocolate malt (his favorite) and said, "Wow-ee." Jason asked him if he had enough food and he said, "I won't have to eat until a week from Sunday."
A few highlights from Grandpa's visit:
* Grandpa said, "My dad never drank unless he was alone or with someone." There was a billboard that said, "Drink Canada Dry." Grandpa said, "My Dad tried to."
* Melissa & I love to hear Grandpa tell us that the "Good Lord loves us."
But of course, the all-time classic Grandpa comment is:
* When my brother, Jared wore sweat pants that were a little too tight, my Grandpa said, "Jared, are you smuggling some grapes."
Grandpa's two cars are a "Screamin' 8" which is this lovely Brown 1978 Ford LTD and the "Buckskin" which is a 1971 Ford Truck (I can't believe his still owns a vehicle from the year I was born!) I guess they called vehicles "Screamin' 8's in 1936 when the V8 engine first came out. Grandpa says his paint job has lasted so long because he keeps this car in the garage and the paint has lead in it. As Grandpa says his "Screamin' 8" purrs like a tomcat in a creamery."








2 comments:
Hey Michelle! We really enjoyed reading about your day with 'Grandpa Max'! He is so funny! I like to try and remember his Max-isms too. They are classic! It was great to see you guys at Ben's farewell. It had been a long time! Are you coming to Montpelier?
Grandpa Max is a classic, isn't he? You gotta love him! ☺
Post a Comment