Abbey & I were both hit hard on Thursday night with the stomach flu. I can't even remember the last time I've had the flu and I'm sure we could have caught it from anywhere (working in the nursery, going to the pediatrician's for Ava's 1-yr check up, kids at school, neighbor kids, stores, the list goes on & on).
The hardest thing about being self-employed and running a business is not being able to take a "sick day." I had quite a few payrolls to prepare for Friday, so I just had to work through the pain. And I was so sad that we had to miss our annual friend's Christmas party on Friday night.
The only good thing about being sick: I caught up on a few TV shows I've taped and read the entire book "New Moon." (yes, I'm the last girl in the blogosphere to read the Twilight series. I just read "Twilight" in November and haven't seen the movie yet, hopefully sometime soon!) Another thing: there's nothing like being sick to make you really appreciate how great it is to be healthy!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Can't Call in Sick Day
Posted by Michelle at 11:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I'm sorry you've been sick. I worked in Nursery last week and caught something too. But you got through New Moon quick and that's fun. Its good to read when you are sick. Otherwise you would be hiding in the closet trying to finish it - without a good excuse. Hope you feel better soon.
Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry you were so sick. I hate not being able to call in sick. At least I don't have payroll and such to worry about when I'm sick. Yuck. I'm glad you had time to read and watch your shows. Major bummer to miss out on a party! I can't stand missing out. We had to miss the ward party due to Brennan's work party and I was so sad. You're right though, nothing like a few yucky days to make you appreicate our general good health. Hope you're doing better.
Post a Comment