Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry, Merry Christmas!

I had the hardest time waking up Christmas morning. I always stay up way too late Christmas Eve wrapping presents, cleaning the house, and making breakfast for Christmas morning. I probably slept a total of 4 hours on Christmas Eve.

Luckily, the kids slept in until 9:00 am. They didn't fall asleep until 12:30 and Ava didn't fall asleep until 2:00 am. She was so wired and didn't wake up until 11:00 am. We opened presents and then later, our extended family came over to see the kids and their presents and had breakfast at our house.

Ashley & Abbey were thrilled to open their American Girl dolls. They also received a magazine subscription to American Girl, an American Girl game, Littlest Pet Shop games for their Nintendo DS and Littlest Pet Shop toys.

Ashley & Abbey with their "Just Like You" American Girl dolls.

Ashley with her newest Webkinz, a hedgehog she named, Halle, to add to her collection of Webkinz.

Abbey with her newest Webkinz, a goldfish, to add to her collection of Webkinz.

Aliza anticipating opening her HUGE present-what could it be?

A Dora Magical Welcome House (and in Aliza's words, "Mom, did you know I asked Santa for this?") It's a good thing Santa came through!

Alex, poster boy for Guitar Hero, was thrilled to open Guitar Hero World Tour with 2 new guitars. He also received Mario Brothers Super Smash Brawl for the Wii, Rock Band II for the Wii and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

Gotta love Rock Band to fulfill my brother Jared's dream of being a rock star. Love how Rock Band brings out the rocker in all of us. Here's my brother, Jeff at the drums, Alex at the guitar and brother, Jared lead singer.

My mom getting her baby fix holding Ben & Ava.

Ava likes crawling into Ashley & Abbey's bratz chairs that Grandma gave them.

Thanks to all of our family members for spending Christmas with us! The kids love all of the presents you gave them. We loved spending time with each of you!

5 comments:

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! Your girls are so cute with their twin dolls! We did get Ken's present in the mail...Thank you!! It was so thoughtful.

gina said...

All those little girls and their dolls! I can't imagine. I am so surrounded by BOYS!! What cute pictures. I'm sure Alex will love Guitar Hero. Mine sure do - I'm the lead singer in our family band. It is the only video game I love to play. Have fun!!


And the recipe turned out great! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thank you, now I don't feel so bad about spoiling Kate for Christmas...and that Santa he really knows kids well, doesn't he? Kate is loving her kitchen Santa gave her. She can't wait for Ava to come here so they can play house together.

Kristy said...

Looks like santa was good to you!

I'm so bummed we didn't wait for the Guitar Hero world tour. We got rock band when it came out and it's just not as fun, but oh well!

Kristen said...

Merry Christmas Michelle! I love the American Girl Dolls, and so do my girls. Looks like you guys had a fantastic Christmas. btw - your kids look like little duplicates of you and Jason in your Christmas photo! They are SO CUTE!!!