So, here's how we spent our Christmas Eve, full of family and full of traditions.
Before bedtime, the kids each open a present, which is always a new pair of pajamas.
We went to Jason's parents for dinner and then opened presents.

Jason's mom & Ava.

Josh, our nephew and one of my daily blog readers. I added a few more songs to my playlist, Josh. Let me know if you have any requests! One of my new favorites "Read my mind" by The Killers.

Jason's brother, Steve, our nephew, Jake and Alex.
Then, we headed to my mom's house, which is conveniently only a minute or two drive from Jason's parents house. She had a turkey dinner and then we did our annual nativity scene with the kids while we read Luke 2. We started this tradition in 1977, when my little brother, Joe was born.

Aliza was thrilled to be Mary this year. Ben as baby Jesus. Aaron as Joseph and Ashley, Ava & Abbey as angels.

The kids talked my mom into letting them each open a present.

When we came home, Aliza was so excited to sprinkle her reindeer dust (a bag of gold glitter so Santa & his reindeers could find our house) that she got at preschool last week. She's been carrying this bag of glitter with her everywhere she went and couldn't wait until Christmas Eve.
1 comments:
OK, the reindeer dust now makes sense. When I talked to Aliza on Christmas she was telling me about sprinkling it outside. I just pretended like I knew what she was talking about......now I really do. Heaven bless the blogging world!
Post a Comment