Monday, December 15, 2008

Friend Christmas Party, White Elephant Style

Last Thursday was our annual Christmas party with a group of guys (& their wives) that Jason grew up with. We always share some great laughs. One of the highlights of the night is the classic white elephant gift exchange. Several years ago one of the white elephant gifts was a "used prosthetic leg," yes, there were even a few leg hairs in it! Every year the prosthetic leg would reappear. The intention was to disguise it so no one would know it was the leg. Well, we forgot about the leg and this year it reappeared.

I forgot my camera, but here's the closest picture I found on google that looks like the actual prosthetic leg.

Here's the white elephant gift Jason & I gave this year: a his & her pedicure set. The gift included a his & hers pair of slippers (made from maxi pads). I embellished the "hers" pair with a giant brad & flower. It also included used lotion and other foot care products. I found the inspiration from a few emails I received about making slippers from maxi pads. As I was making these slippers, Abbey asked, "What are those? Can you make me a pair of them?" If only Abbey knew what they are really used for! And I'm really not ready to give her the "maturation" talk yet! (she's only in 2nd grade).

3 comments:

The Randall's said...

Thanks for the idea. I've got my work Christmas party/white elephant exchange on Wednesday. I can think of nothing better. I really LOVE the embellishment for "her" slippers too.

gina said...

That's hilarious - though kind of gross! What a fun party & tradition...

Kristy said...

OH MY GOSH! I am SO loving this idea and am totally stealing it for our white elephant family party this weekend.


You're the best!