Last Thursday, we went to see Savior of the World, a musical drama presented by our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) which was about the Savior's birth and resurrection and held at the conference center in Salt Lake City.
The play was for persons of age of eight years and older (technically Abbey is only 7, but I thought close enough, she's can sit still) so we took "Team A" (Alex, Ashley & Abbey, our oldest 3 kids, it's easier to call our 3 oldest, who are in school all day "Team A" & and the youngest 2, who are at home all day "Team B". Yes, probably a sign I have a large family when it's easier to label them into a group instead of saying their individual names! We laughed when we heard our friends, David & Mindy call their kids "Team A & Team B" and then realized their pure genius!).
My brother, Jeff & wife, Missy also came with us, which we tried to get pictures with them, but Missy claimed she was having a "bad hair day" Nice try, Missy! Your bad hair day is a great hair day for me! But it was nice to have them with us, plus we didn't have to ask strangers to take our pictures.
"We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary. He was the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the world."
We talked to the kids on the way home about the play. I want them to have as many experiences as possible to feel of the Spirit. We talked about specific times during the play when they felt a warm feeling, felt like crying or felt at peace. Poor Alex had a hard time concentrating because Alex ended up sitting by Jeff (not the distraction!) and on the other side of him was three teenage girls who were talking the entire time about people's hair and clothes. Alex said they kept saying "Oh, I lost my phone" and then realized their phone was sitting on her lap. Ok, as I'm typing this, it probably doesn't sound too funny, but Alex imitating the teenage girls was pretty hilarious.








5 comments:
I sure do love these opportunities we take with our "A Team" to go and feel the love of our Savior. Way to go. Craig & I also agreed that we need to do it more often. It's soooo good for all of us. Have a Very Merry Christmas!!!
I've wanted to go to "Savior of the World" for a few years - I must go do it. How cool you could do that with your older children. They will remember how it made them feel.
I've wanted to see that for so long! Maybe next year when Tess is legal of age we can take our Team A!
MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND!
xooxxo
Kristy
I've wanted to see "Savior of the World" ever since we moved back and haven't done it yet. Maybe next year. I love the "team A" & "team B" idea. Since I only have 3, they just remember the # of their birth order. So when we go to McDonald's my oldest gets 1 dot punched down on her drink, Caleb gets 2, & Kaitlyn 3. Kind-of sad - but it works.
The new picure of your kids at the top of your blog is DARLING!!!!!
That sounds like a great production. I have wanted to go...but the drive makes it more difficult. Maybe next year.
Love your background
Post a Comment