Saturday, October 4, 2008

15 seconds of fame. . . Michelle & Ava meet the Good Things Utah girls

Just call us celebrity stalkers! Mindy, a good friend of mine, and I took a quick break from peddling our scrapbook supplies at Scrapbook USA Expo, to meet the Good Things Utah girls. Here we are with Nicea, Reagan, Marti & Angie. They broadcasted the Good Things Utah show live from the Scrapbook Expo. They were all so nice, but I think I freaked them out with all of my useless trivia knowledge (like asking Reagan about her 2 boys, asking Angie about her dating life, telling them we want to go on the show after we lose some weight, blah, blah, blah). Marti was dying to hold Ava to get her baby fix for the day. They personally signed their cookbooks, which they were selling for only $5 (a screaming deal!). Jason, Michelle & Kim (another good friend of mine) working the cash registers. Since I'm still nursing Ava, she was with us all day Friday (8 am to midnight) & Saturday (8 am to 6 pm). She was quite the trooper for enduring this!

We liquidated through a lot of our inventory. We sold our papers for 10/$1.00 and our stickers, rub-ons for 3/$1.00. Our booth was usually slammed with ladies, but here's a picture when we had a quick moment to breathe!

Jason & I started Polar Bear Press in June 2005. We had experience with the industry from helping Karen Foster Design & Paperfever run their business. From 2005-2007, we had artists design scrapbook products (papers, stickers, rub-ons, ribbon & chipboard) and manufactured these products. We also own a payroll, accounting & tax business, Payroll Plus Services. After finding out I was pregnant with our 5th child, Ava, we decided to simplify our life & to sell our scrapbook business. To this date, we haven't sold the business, so we've been liquidating our inventory. There's been so many lessons learned from running this business.

Scrapbook USA Expo is having their 1st ever show in St. George at the Dixie Center, November 7-8. If you're in the area, stop by & say, "hi." We'll be there peddling through more inventory.

And thanks to Mindy, my great friend, for taking these pictures, since I forgot my camera. Mindy & I met as babies when our dads were in the military together in North Carolina. I'm only 3 weeks older than her & we've been college roommates & we were in the MTC together. I'm so grateful that our husbands & kids get along so well. You should see how many people count all of our kids when we go places together (she has 6 & we have 5 and yes we gave birth to them all & no we don't homeschool them!) I'm still trying to convince Mindy to break down & start her own blog. It would be a great one to read, a good laugh for all! She always has something "punny" to say.

3 comments:

Andrea W. said...

What a fun time, I love that Ava is strapped on and looks happy to be hanging out with all the scrapbookers! Sounds fun to go to St. George.

Anonymous said...

Hey,'Chelle, how 'bout those rock the house good times we had? We're definitely going "HYC" there! :) Glad the pics came in handy for good blog material - thanks for the kind words! You know you're gonna get me one of these days - I'm gonna have to break down, and jump headfirst into the blogging world! If only I could find a minute between that last dirty diaper, conquering Mt. Washmore, and rescuing my scaling 3-year-old from the top shelf of the pantry...(sigh!)

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

So, I'm totally a blog stalker and just randomly came across yours! Cute, cute...I love it. Your family is adorable. I like the address you picked and the funny humor.

Amber Bowden