Here's the official results: I lost 1.2 lbs since last Wednesday. Small loss, but since I did absolutely no exercising this past week, due to a bad cold that the kids & I had, I'll gladly take it!
This week I'm going to kick it in high gear & start running again. I really do love running, especially to some good tunes. I just found out about a 6k "Cold Turkey" race on Thanksgiving day, 9 am at the Capitol in SLC that I'm going to run. What a great way to start Thanksgiving! Then I really can enjoy all of my mom's homemade dressing and cranberry sauce to my heart's content, guilt free! I found out about this race on Tiburon's blog (a random girl whose blog I stalk) See all of the useful information I'm finding on blogs. Any other runners out there care to join us? Michelle (hint, hint) this means you! So far, I know my friend Kristy is coming. Wooo hooo! Click here for more info about the race.
While I'm on the subject of Michelle (my great sister-in-law), I have to publicly congratulate her on running her 1st marathon last weekend in Oregon. I'm so proud of her! It's been a major goal of hers. She kept the secret from us until after the race (she said just in case she chickened out at the last minute!) My brother cheered her on and said he'll never run one after watching the runners who were seriously hurting at mile 22. One runner left in an ambulance at mile 24. Poor guy! Too get so close to the finish line!
Michelle came to my old ward to visit her sister about 7 years ago. I taught the Relief Society lesson that day and had the feeling that I should go talk to her after the lesson and see if she wanted to go out with my brother, Joe. I felt a little weird going to a random stranger and asking her this, but she was game for the idea. They went on their first date in Oct 2001 and married April 2002, so yes I keep taking credit for hooking them up and yes, Michelle, you can name your 1st daughter after me. Then again we have the same name, so it wouldn't be too hard to do. Thanks for being such a great aunt & sister-in-law, Michelle!
Here's a picture of my brother, Joe (who everyone thinks is Jason's brother-they really do look more alike than Joe & I do!) and sweet sister-in-law, Michelle and their cute son Aaron!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Weigh In Wednesday
Posted by Michelle at 12:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
I'm TOTALLY in with you for the 6K. How awesome is that about your SIL! Way to go Michelle! I hope you run with us!
I can guarantee you right now my friend that you will beat me. I am sooooooooooooo slow.
Oh and hey...we seriously have to put together an audition tape for The Amazing Race. Oddly enough that thought kept crossing my mind in the temple last night....outta NO where!
Who knows...maybe I'm just adult ADD. :0)
Oh darn, I'll be in St. George. Good for you though, and congrats on going down on the scale, that's always sooooo exciting!
That was so nice, Michelle! I feel loved. Yes, I'm glad you set Joe and I up on the date. Who would've thought blind dates could actually work out?! And congrats on losing another pound--you're going to blow away in the wind! Kristy--thanks, and we'll see about the 6K. BTW-I wasn't lightning speed, but I did have fun! :)
There is a 5K at the Marriott Ranch this Saturday I want to go to but the entrance fee is $100.00 to profit that girl, Stephanie. (Nie Nie blog-remember?)
Plus, I'm not in any shape to run, BUT someday I'll join you and Michelle for a 5K.....one where I won't be carrying Alex.
Oh yeah, and Michelle E.......CONGRATULATIONS! that is amazing! I don't think I will ever make it that far! Way to go.......(Sorry to put this on someone else's blog..but since you don't have a blog...hint hint). we Love you and miss you guys!
Post a Comment