Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Witch Fingers-a yummy Halloween treat

These witch fingers (made by neighbor & friend, Jessie) look so real that you almost don't want to eat one, but they really are quite tasty. And my kids love anything with peanut butter in them.

Here's the recipe, enjoy!

4 cups creamy peanut butter
2 lbs powdered sugar
almond slices
1 lb margarine
straight pretzels
red cake gel

Melt peanut butter and margarine. Add powdered sugar. Knead until smooth. Mold finger shape around pretzel. Attach almond for nail and red cake gel for blood. Use the back edge of spoon to make moon shapes knuckle marks.

*The pretzel gives it the effect of biting into the bone of the finger.

Thanks Jessie, (pictured above as a sassy witch), for sharing the recipe! Her witch fingers (also pictured above) won her one of Amy's coveted Halloween aprons at the Girl's Night Out-Witch Party that we went to! I'm so jealous!

4 comments:

Melissa and Justin said...

That picture of Jessie is HILARIOUS! Did you make those witch fingers in that pic? They really do look real!

Collette said...

thought i would say hi! i had to laugh because i love that show about the Dallas cowboy cheerleaders! and how I wish i looked like them! what kind of weight program are you doing? I need to lose weight too after all these babies!!!

Andrea W. said...

Those look disgustingly yummy. Great picture of Jessie.

Kristy said...

I love it!

We just got boo'd again and I'm thinking of making those, but don't want to freak out any kiddies.

To stinkin FUN!

So, you up for Taco Lady tomorrow night?

I'll call you. Really. I will.

:0)

Congrats on the .04 loss. Wish I could say the same.