Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday

A few random things that I am thankful for this week:

1. My extremely comfy bed & "bat cave". If you've ever seen The Holiday, (one of my all time favorites), Cameron Diaz can hit a switch & turn her bedroom completely dark any time of the day. Jason rigged up our room, so we can enjoy the same effect. It's great if I ever need a nap or need to go back to bed after the kids go to school (because I've stayed up way too late the night before!).

2. Having a friend of mine (that I haven't seen for months) ask me if I lost weight! That definately beats having a distant relative (at my G'pa's 90th birthday) ask me if I was expecting! It also beats Aliza's comment this week to me, "That's a big tummy you got there!" Thanks for pointing that out Aliza, like I hadn't noticed!

3. Getting my hair cut, colored & styled this week. A small tender mercy is Ava slept in her car seat through the entire 1 hr 45 minute appointment.

4. My new friend, Slim Fast, and my new diet friend/supporter, who I'll keep anonymous, but we'll call her Stargo! Thanks Stargo for keeping me focused this week. We'll be weighing in every Wednesday to see how we're doing & I'll keep you posted.

5. New episodes of The Office, Gray's Anatomy & a new show Kath & Kim that I'm looking forward to (Molly Shannon is one of my favorites!)
I found this on Mindi's blog. My family will appreciate it since they all love Dwight's humor!

2 comments:

Melissa and Justin said...

Ah, yes I love the bat cave too! Great to put Aliza in there and get a quick nap anytime I babysat past my 10 pm bed time!
Ignore EVERYONE that says anything about your weight. Why is always the STRANGERS who are always willing to voice their opinion? Yesterday I was in the craft store, 3 people thought Kate was a boy....Oh right, because I would dress my BOY in a shirt with pink and yellow flowers. Stupid stranger opinions drive me NUTS! (maybe I should write a blog with my cool magnet you showed me from Anne Taintor)
Enough rambling....love the blog....don't get the office humor though, can't get INTO that show, sorry, guess I will be the black sheep of the family that way.
Love ya and miss ya! Liss

Kristy said...

You know I have to say that I wasn't way in love with the office tonight. So disappointing when you pretty much base your entire week around watching it. HAHA!

Oh I want to see your hair. You always look so great. Whoever does your hair does an awesome job. I'm still contemplating a straightening, but we'll see.

ANd oh my...we do need to get together. DOH! Life is so insane. Gotta get those papers signed!