Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday

More random things I'm thankful for this week:

1. Getting this new purse in the mail that my thoughtful sister Melissa bought for me on the crazy Canal Street of NYC. Thanks again, Melissa! LOVE it!
2. A client of mine sent me a $25 gift certificate to Olive Garden, one of my favorite restaurants, to say thanks for helping them with their taxes! So thoughtful!

3. Being able to go to Relief Society on Sunday! Thank again, Amber, for offering to stay in Nursery so I could hear one of my all time favorite RS teachers, Kris teach. She taught an amazing lesson on families and giving our children boundaries & love. One of my favorite parts was her suggestion to tell our children each night before they go to bed one thing we love about them. I started doing this and the kids have responded really well to it. In fact, I forgot last night & Alex quickly reminded me, "Mom, remember. . . What's one thing that you love about me." I'm so grateful that our church teaches us so much about parenting!

4. I survived the October 15th tax filing deadline! I really need to enjoy these next 3 months before the chaos starts again in January!

5. 2 new payroll accounts. Our best way to increase our business has always been through word of mouth/referrals. Luckily, even with this tough economy, our small business clients have remained in business. I'm grateful to be able to work out of my home, even though it's crazy at times. So many days I'm locking myself in the kitchen pantry so that clients don't hear the screaming kids in the background!

3 comments:

Melissa and Justin said...

Hey you just left a comment on my blog right as I was busy reading yours.....we must be connected somehow....oh yah, we're sisters.

Love the picture of the purse. Now you'll have to put one up of you showing it off! Totally kidding.

Hope all is well. I really should be preparing my talk....these blogs really keep me too busy.

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea about telling your kids something you love about them every night!!! I'm totally going to start that - who doesn't love hearing something like that?! Maybe I'll do that for David too... hubbies probably would enjoy a little love too (i.e. "Honey, I love how efficiently you take out the trash!") :) j/k

Andrea W. said...

I keep meaning to start that idea you're doing with telling your kids what you love about them. I loved that whole lesson on Sunday. I love your new purse too!