Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday Dinner-delicious!

I've been finding so many new, delicious recipes through blogs. This one was found on Becky Higgin's blog. After church, when I was cooking this recipe, Alex said, "Let me guess, you found this recipe on someone's blog." But once he saw the bacon come out of the oven, he was jumping up & down and then gave me a huge hug! Let's just say Alex LOVES bacon!

If you're interested in a pasta dish with serious flavor, give this a try! My whole entire family LOVED this meal.

GARLIC CHICKEN FARFALLE

16 oz. Farfalle pasta
1 c. heavy whipping cream
3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed OR garlic salt (I just did a little garlic salt)
1 Tbsp. pepper* (I only did about 1 tsp of pepper)
1/2 c. butter
1 lb. bacon, crumpled**
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (12 oz) Lawry’s mesquite marinade with lime juice

*Seems like a lot of pepper, but it has a wonderful flavor when everything mixes together. If you're apprehensive, do less pepper. You can always add more.

**We like to cook our bacon in the oven (400 degrees). Way less messy. And it's crispy every time. It took exactly 30 minutes. Allow to cool and then crumple.

Crock pot chicken and bottle of marinade on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred (I pull it apart). Set this aside. About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

I love new recipes recommended by friends! I can't wait to try it out.

Andrea W. said...

I can't wait to try this one. I love good crockpot recipes for Sundays too!