Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Payback Time!

Ashley, my oldest daughter, who is now 9 1/2 years old and in 4th grade, called me panicked from school today. She said, "Mom, I left my book at home and we're having a reading marathon and I need you to bring me my book, Mia, on my nightstand, NOW!" I hadn't showered yet and had no makeup on. I'll be the first to admit I looked a little scary. I've had a bad cold the entire week and feel like I've been hit by a freight train after hosting bunko at my house last night, but regardless, I said to her, "Meet me in the office."

So I jump in the car, go in the office and sure enough she's not there! So I walk to her classroom and all of the kids in her class were quietly reading. I tiptoe in and quietly hand her the book. Ashley looked mortified and whispered to me, "Mom, your hair!" Then, when she came home from school the first thing she said to me, "Mom why didn't you do to your hair," I quickly told her, "How about saying thanks for bringing the book to you?"

There's also been a ton of friend and boy drama. One of her good friends Hannah had a boy pass her a note saying, "If you'll be my girlfriend, I'll buy you 2 hamburgers." She told him "no" and then he told Ashley that Hannah broke his heart! I was dying laughing!

I really didn't think there would be so much drama in elementary school. I know I was embarrassed of my own mom and it was mostly if she took us to Kmart for school clothes shopping, but I don't remember it being until Junior High! I'm sure my mom is reading this and thinking, "It's Payback Time!"

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Bwaaa haaa haaa!

Too funny.

Yeah, we're having the boy/girl drama here too. There were about 5 boys that came over this afternoon to see if Sarah could play.

Yeah...not liking this. Not one bit.

Unknown said...

I guess Ashley read your blog and saw that it wasn't Kaitlyn, but Hannah-so funny. I love Ash....but I mostly love that my little girl isn't old enough yet to have drama. Oh wait, once she is, we can go through it together....Ava and her....the 2 future BFF's.

I need to talk to Abbey tomorrow-I AM LOVING my magazine, I just got it in the mail today.