Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ava's 1st Birthday!

Hard to believe that our little baby, Ava Grace is now officially 1 year old as of today, November 30th! Aliza will turn 4 on December 9th, but we decided to combine their birthdays and celebrate both of their birthdays with both mine & Jason's family. We had everyone over for dinner (Cafe Rio style, see recipes on the next post) and then had cake & ice cream. A HUGE thanks to both of our families for coming & celebrating with us. THANKS for all of the presents, which Ava & Aliza both loved! We truly do appreciate your generosity & thoughtfulness! I was a little camera happy tonight, but it's not everyday that my 5th & final child turns 1!

It's been a fun year having a new baby in our family! Her smile truly brightens every day. The kids LOVE her so much and it's been so rewarding to watch them interact with her. I always say it's a miracle she's lived to her 1st birthday after the mauling she takes on a daily basis. Happy Birthday, Ava! We're so glad you're part of our family!

Ava loved the cake, especially the frosting!

Ava & Aliza's birthday cake/cupcakes. Aliza picked this one out from Sam's Club.



Ava & me. I'm loving my early Christmas present to myself (my new domestic diva apron) that I purchased from my friend, Amy! LOVE it!

Ava's been taking more & more steps each day. She'll take about 8-10 steps without falling.



Jason & Ava in front of the Christmas tree that we put up yesterday. Ahhh, one of the perks of throwing a party....having a clean house and all of the Christmas decorations are now officially up!
Thanks Kate for the cute shirt & Care Bear that you mailed to Ava. She loved it and wished you could have been here for the par-tay! Miss you all tons!


Some pictures of Ava's loot that she scored.....
Strawberry Shortcake ride on toy from Grandma & Duane. They also gave her a Barbie suitcase filled with lots of cute clothes. She also got more super cute clothes from Jeff & Missy, Jared & Marize, Grandma & Grandpa. Darling hair clips & Elmo toy from Steve & Margo & boys. Cute slippers & toy from Ellen & Angie. THANKS again for all of the great presents!

Musical Table from Jason & I. Ava & Ben had fun playing together with the light up toys.

Here's Aliza with the presents she scored. Tons of super cute clothes from Grandma & Duane.

Lots of Dora & Little Mermaid toys (both her favorites).

Love the cute dress that she got from Grandma & Grandpa H.

3 comments:

Melissa and Justin said...

SWEET! Looks like you all had so much fun! I think I know what my Christmas present is now.....or at least have an idea?!
The birthday party turned out so cute. I was thinking of buying that table for Kate down the road......now I'll just wait till Ava outgrows it and buy it off you! Sweet mother of pearl! Hope all is well!
We wish we could have been there, too! Especially Kate!

Kristy said...

SO much fun! I can't believe that she is one year already! Doesn't time just fly!

We did the 14 year old birthday thing on Friday and I just posted a few photos from that.

I'm so jealous of your apron. You lucky girl!

Kristen said...

Cute photos Michelle!