Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

The weeks are flying by. Hard to believe it's Thursday again. A few random things I am thankful for:

1. Enjoying a completely quiet house while I type this (Alex, Ashley & Abbey are at school, Aliza's at preschool & Ava's taking a nap). No one's yelling "Maaaawwwwmm" right now!

2. My new flavor of choice: Diet Pomegranate 7up. It's been a hard change switching to diet drinks, but this one really is quite tasty. Thanks for the picture, Shaunte!

3. Girl's Night Out: So excited to play BUNKO with my friends tonight. And I'm so thankful it's not at my house. After hosting last month, I'm thankful to not worry about cleaning the house & cooking the dinner, but just showing up to play!

4. Ok, everything on my list is pretty trivial, except for this one. I am SO thankful for the FREEDOMS we enjoy here in the United States. I am thankful to be sitting here in my safe, warm house while others are fighting for us & our great country! I received an email from my friend, Janene, that helped me remember our armed forces that are fighting for us.

Here's a few thoughts & pictures from this email:

You take a warm shower to help you wake up.
He goes days or weeks without running water.

You talk trash about your 'buddies' that aren't with you.
He knows he may not see some of his buddies again

You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.
He doesn't get to eat today.

You complain about how hot it is.
He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.

You go to the mall and get your hair done.
He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.

You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.
He's told he will be held over an extra 2 months.

You roll your eyes as a baby cries.
He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they'll ever meet.

You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.
He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own people and remembers why he is fighting.

You see only what the media wants you to see.
He sees the broken bodies lying around him.

You crawl into your soft bed, with down pillows, and get comfortable.
He tries to sleep but gets woken by mortars and helicopters all night long.


0 comments: