Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas


I've been finding the best new recipes on recipe blogs. I added a few links to some of my favorites (see bottom of sidebar). Another quirk of mine: I have a hard time trying a new recipe unless there's a picture. So here's a picture to entice you to try this new recipe...I promise you won't be disappointed! Jason & the kids LOVED this dinner.

Here's the recipe for sour cream chicken enchiladas. Super easy. In fact, I made it with canned chicken & it turned out delicious! Enjoy!

3-4 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (or 1-2 cans of canned chicken, depending on how much you like)
12 flour tortillas (I use the uncooked ones from Sam's/Costco)
2 cups shredded cheese (I use the Mexican blend)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 (4 oz) cans diced green chilies (I didn't add these-our family doesn't like)

In a large bowl, combine cheese, 1 can chilies, and chicken. Set aside. Cook tortillas on stove top until golden brown. Spoon a good size portion of chicken mixture onto all tortillas, rolling them and placing them seam side down in 9 x 13 baking dish.

In sauce pan, melt butter then blend flour into butter to make a roux. Add chicken broth and cook until mixture thickens and bubbles. Stir in sour cream and 1 can green chilies. Be careful not to boil. Pour sauce over enchiladas and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Immediately, set oven to BROIL and cook for another 5 minutes (be careful not to burn).

Enchiladas are done when sauce in the center is bubbling. Serve with side of rice or beans.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I just noticed you emailed me for the recipe for Angel Chicken. Sorry I didn't get back to you-Do you still need it? You can call me. Then I can call you back via Skype. We will get our phone number with them when Justin is back.