Meet Rascal the Raccoon, the closest thing to a furry pet that we'll ever own. Jason is SO allergic to dogs and cats, which works out great for me! When the kids ask for a dog or cat, it's an easy excuse. "Sorry, but Dad's allergic!" I can't stand dog or cat hair. In fact, I was at the store the other day and saw a lady in the check out stand in a black sweatshirt covered in white cat hair and I wanted to dry heave! (Yes, you can guess where I was shopping at....Walmart. I'll have to save that for another post....my love & hate relationship with Walmart. Love the prices, hate the store.) And I can't stand how cats pounce around, cough up hair balls and constantly rub up to everyone. In fact, one of my things I'm thankful for this Thansgiving season, is that my mom no longer has pets at her house! It will be a great Thanksgiving with no dogs or cats running under the tables begging for scraps. Enough of my pet soapbox!
Aliza just brought home Rascal. Each one of the kid's in her preschool class has a turn bringing home Rascal for a couple of days and then they share pictures of them & Rascal and what they did with Rascal. She had so much fun taking Rascal everywhere she went. She was so sad when she had to give Rascal back!
Rascal came with Aliza to dance. She loves her ballet & tap class with Miss Lynell. She has five little friends in our neighborhood that go to dance with her, which works out great for carpooling reasons.
Aliza dressed Rascal in her doll clothes and had a sleepover. Love this picture of her sleeping with Rascal.








3 comments:
Looks like Rascal became Rascalletta at your house! The picture with her sleeping with him is great! You can put the caption that it was also 1:00 in the afternoon. Just kidding!
Good thing I married an animal hater, too......Except for when he skinned a racoon.......good think it wasn't Rascalletta, though. Glad Aliza had so much fun. That's a cute idea!
I'm not an animal lover either. The hair, the poop, the licking, YUCK! We do have a guinea pig, which I've become quite attached to. Pronbably because she stays in her cage and the kids take care of her. I don't have to do anything. That's my kind of pet. :)
I love those bring-home stuffed pets. I'm so with you on not wanting the real deal, but I'm SEVERELY outnumbered in my house and can feel myself weakening. I keep trying to hold off from getting a dog, by getting them smaller, low maintenance pets. We'll see how long I can stall. That looks like a darling little dance class!
Post a Comment