For Ava & Aliza's birthday party, I decided to make dinner & serve Cafe Rio chicken & pork salads. Here's the recipes I promised! ENJOY!
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
6 lbs pork - I bought it at Sam's Club (pork loin, boneless)
2 16 oz jars of salsa
2 cans of coke
3 cups brown sugar
Place pork in crock pot and fill it with water. Cook on high for 5 hours. Drain liquid & cut off fat. Cut pork in thirds. Mix together sauce and pour over pork. Cook an additional 3 hours on high. Shred pork with forks. Leave on low until ready to serve.
Cafe Rio Chicken
1 bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
3 Tbsp minced garlic
6 chicken breasts
Cook all together in crock pot on high for 4 hours. Shred meat and cook 1 more hour on high.
Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing
1 buttermilk ranch dressing packet (make as per recipe with milk & mayonnaise)
2 tomatillos (peel off dry skins/leaves)
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime
1 jalapeno (I removed the seeds, so it wouldn't be too hot)
Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender until smooth. Refrigerate.
Cafe Rio Rice
3 cups water
4 tsp chicken bouillon
4 tsp minced garlic
1/2 bunch cilantro
3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter
4 cups rice
Chop cilantro into fine pieces. Bring water to boil and add all ingredients. Simmer covered 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
* I cooked my rice in the rice cooker and then added all of the boiled ingredients to the rice cooker. Our family loves rice in the rice cooker (so much better than Minute rice).
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Cafe Rio Recipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Thank you, thank you! I can't wait to try it! That looks like a fun first birthday party.
You are inspiring me to want to cook. These recipes are awesome. Can't wait to try them.
You have the BEST recipes. Where do you get them?? I forgot to tell you how much my family LOVE the sweat and sour chicken. WOW!! Thanks for sharing all the good ones with us.
Post a Comment